Sunday, August 23, 2020

Taking Difficulties in Stride

Song 526: This week the playlist applauds Walk Away Renee by The Left Banke, written by Michael Brown, Tony Sansone and Bob Calilli, and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. This hit came along during the middle of my HS sophomore year, and being a violin player with the orchestra, I really liked the classical overtones of the cut. I didn't know anyone who owned the disc, so once it finished its chart run, I rarely got to hear it, but it still left a deep impression on my musical horizon. At the time, a certain young woman's name and mine inside a heart on the wall could find a way to haunt me even though they were so small. These days, the empty sidewalks on many blocks are not the same, but obviously, you're not to blame, and neither is anyone else in particular - we all know that we can point the finger at the pandemic, and just walk away.

No comments:

Post a Comment