Sunday, April 19, 2020

A Dark Weather Report

Song 508: This week the playlist honors Ain't No Sunshine by Bill Withers, who also wrote the song, and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. Sadly, Bill left the land of the living a few weeks ago, due to heart complications, and this track provides a good example of why he will be missed. Given the cloudy and snowy weather that has come my way in the past week or two, the cut also seems to fit the current moment quite well, though thankfully, I do still have a female companion to share my living space with, and her company means even more than usual, due to the pandemic situation that continues to surround us. Understanding that It's not warm when she's away, the recent coatings of white stuff add another layer to that appreciation, especially because she's always gone too long any time she goes away. And I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I ought to leave the young thing alone, particularly since she is a whole 3 years younger than me and she only recently turned 65, but Ain't No Sunshine when she's gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment