Sunday, December 29, 2019

Going With the Flow


Song 492: This week the playlist recognizes The Tide Is High by Blondie, written by John Holt, and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. When this cut came along soon after the turn of the 1980s, I had recently arrived at the point of understanding the term reggae, and I genuinely appreciated having a hit this cool solidify my grasp of that particular genre. I have relished the edgy tone of Debbie Harry's voice soaring above a moving wave of brass horn sounds that ride on a regular RnR rhythm section. Currently, with the dawn of the new year on the horizon, it really does look like The Tide Is High in certain places, such as the political realm, and I also hope to personally make the musical stream deeper in the coming months, beginning with an album-length CD called Elder Statesman and then following up with a 3-track CD called Purrfection: The Cat Single. That being the case, as the tide continues to rise, I'm holding on, and I can freely admit that I would truly like to be your number one source for new music in the months to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment