Sunday, March 3, 2019

Those Destructive Types


Song 449: The week on the playlist you’ll find War Pigs by Black Sabbath, written by Tony Iommi, Ozzy Osbourne, Geezer Butler and Bill Ward, and you can find a dynamic YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. Not long after I finished the final version of my If I Was You song video, and got it uploaded to YouTube (click on the title and you can watch that video), I started doing posts on Facebook to try to spread the word about it. Then in early 2017, I created a Spotify playlist called Dave Elder’s Favorite Anti-war Songs, which you can hear by clicking on the title. A couple of months ago, in response to one of my Facebook posts, someone suggested that I check out this Black Sabbath cut that I'd never heard before. When I finally got around to it, about a month ago, not only did it have me hooked on the first spin, but I also found the video quite impressive. I have called the If I Was You video the second-best anti-war song video of all time, and I have another very particular song video that I would nominate for first place, but now I have to admit that the matter has gotten a bit more complicated. For those of us who oppose war, though, more anti-war song videos will always be a good thing, even if it means more competition. If you check out the Spotify playlist, you will probably notice that this track now appears there, as it has very quickly become a genuine favorite, with lyrics that paint a very clear picture of the Evil minds that plot destruction while making war just for fun/Treating people just like pawns in chess. I can't say when their judgement day comes, but I hope that some of the rest of us will survive it and carry on in a more peaceful and cooperative future.

No comments:

Post a Comment