Sunday, September 10, 2023

Loyalty Expressed

 Song 684: This week the playlist recognizes Faithfully by Journey, written by Jonathan Cain, and you can find a cool YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. Around the time this moving road song arrived in the early spring of 1983, I had begun a close friendship and budding partnership with a very talented lead guitar player, and soon after I did, he mentioned that his grandmother wanted to sell her 1967 car for a really good price. I took advantage of that deal, and after having spent 5 years living in the East Bay without owning a vehicle, I now had a reliable set of wheels that, during the second half of my CA decade, transported me to remarkable destinations like Yosemite National Park and also assisted my participation in a few performing musical groups. Along that initial stretch when I first got to sit in the driver's seat, this Journey jaunt rose out of the radio speaker at least a few times, and lit up my traveling experiences. I don't remember if I ever took a highway run into the midnight sun, but my wheels sure did go round and round quite often as I headed right down the line, and I got through space and time so I could share a stage and do another show with my tuned-in comrades.

No comments:

Post a Comment