Sunday, November 6, 2022

Avoiding Discussions About Labor

 Song 640: Seven weeks after my previous personal friend song post, this week's enlivening ramble I Don't Want to Talk About Work comes from one of my Fast Folk buddies Jim Allen, who also wrote the song, and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. Back in the late 1980s and early 1990s when I hung out with the FF gang of Manhattan and regularly attended the weekly gathering at Jack Hardy's apartment, Jim soon earned a reputation as one of the standout songwriters of the group, and this jaunt arrived during that stretch, later becoming part of the FF Volume 8 Issue 7 disc that I did the cover for in 1996. I myself sure do understand a certain kind of sadness that has been driven from the door of the rich to the poor, and as the situation keeps getting worse, it's a funny kind of strange, how the weather won't change, but like Jim, I still will send my good wishes for the sucker washing dishes and one more for the drugstore clerk.

No comments:

Post a Comment