Sunday, October 25, 2020

Get Back in the Saddle

 Song 535: Seven weeks after my previous personal friend song post, this week's entertaining opus How Many Horses comes from my pal Terry Kitchen, who also wrote the song, and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. It appears on his 2020 release Next Time We Meet and he put together a fun video to accompany it. I had not heard the cut until recently, but when I did get to listen to it, it quickly made me smile. During my youngest years, visits to my grandmother's parents' place a few miles away would occasionally include a ride in a horse-drawn wagon or sleigh, so I met the horses a few times, though I never had the possibility of mounting one myself, which certainly was a good thing, because if I had, I too would probably have ended up on the ground. I also savored the TV westerns that I got to watch growing up, but I basically understood that I had no experience riding in a saddle, so if I had tried to climb up the stirrups, I too might have had to ask the question How many horses must I fall off of?

No comments:

Post a Comment