Sunday, September 13, 2020

The Image That Attracts Attention

 Song 529: This week the playlist puts the spotlight on The Cover of Rolling Stone by Dr. Hook and The Medicine Show, written by Sheldon Silverstein, and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. Given how many times I've mentioned my subscription to Rolling Stone in this blog, and how much information I got from the publication in the early 1970s, it makes sense to finally get around to including this hit on the list. When it came across the airwaves in late 1972, I had already read the magazine regularly for 3 years and felt highly enlightened about RnR due to that source, plus, it also filled in some of the space on politics as well. I always savored the tongue-in-cheek mood of the lyrics on this cut, even though I'm not the type who would take all kinds of pills to get all kinds of thrills, but I would definitely relish the thrill I've never known which is the thrill that'll get ya when you get your picture on the cover of the Rolling Stone. Sadly, I wouldn't wanna buy five copies for my mother because she died back in 2010, but I have plenty of other folks I could send copies to, and I would truly enjoy it if I got to see my smilin' face on the the cover of the Rolling Stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment