Sunday, January 27, 2019

Uniting to Make a Heavy Load Lighter


Song 444: Seven weeks after my previous personal friend song post, and one week after posting the song Hey Joe, this week the playlist features Workers by my good friend Joe Canzano. He already had a couple of worthy CDs in his catalog, but when he released Big Mouth (as Happy Joe) back in 2010, it quickly became my favorite of his albums. It soon found a place on my iPod, as well as my CD player, and I have listened to it quite regularly over most of the last decade. This track opens the record with a forceful call to Workers to wake up, understand how the system is screwing them over, and then to unite together to make a better world. And it's all true, that guy you're voting for is helping to keep you down there on the floor - this reminds me of a certain current president, who conned a lot of the working class into believing that he would improve their lives, though plenty of them have already seen how things have continued to get worse for them. Of course, we've all seen this movie far too many times over the past few decades, so the latest rerun is not so unusual. It's all about the money, and the money is not your friend, but if the Workers of the world unite and join the fight, together, we could all make this ugly world go away, and I don't think I could have said it better than Joe did.

No comments:

Post a Comment