Sunday, July 14, 2024

Quite Bright Affection

 Song 728: This week the playlist comes around to Sunshine of Your Love by Cream, written by Pete Brown, Jack Bruce and Eric Clapton, and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. During the summer of 1967, I started hearing about a rocking Cream trio who had begun amazing audiences, and then, a few months later, as the cooler and darker season arrived in my upstate NY hometown, a shiny moving banger by those three came across the airwaves and grabbed my attention. Before that hit made the scene, I had questioned how just three rockers could make as strong and heavy a sound as the common quartets and quintets of that era did, but then I truly had a striking answer to my question - one that I really relished riding. Every time I got to hear this mover, it felt like I could see the light shinin' through on my old question mark and giving me a clue about where I could be going in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment