Sunday, October 16, 2016

What Belongs to Who

Song 325: Seven weeks after my last personal friend song post, this week on the playlist you’ll find This One’s Mine by my friend Patti Rothberg, who also wrote the song, and there’s a YouTube video of her performing it live here. My recording engineer and co-producer David Seitz introduced me to Patti in the fall of 2003, while we were both using the same studio. At the time, I was working on Elder Street, and she was working on Double Standards. I quickly became a PR fan, and her earlier CDs Between the 1 and the 9 and Candelabra Cadabra soon became regular spinners on my player. When I finally got around to getting an iPod, those 2 CDs were also among the first group of albums to find places on the drive, and Patti’s music kept me company on lots of metro rides. This track is the third cut on her debut CD, and like many other PR tracks, has humorous remarks that still make me smile, despite having heard them countless times. If you’ve never experienced Patti’s wit and wisdom before, the line “I could say that you were a dirty dog but that’s an insult to the fleas” can give you a taste of what you’ve missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment