Tuesday, March 10, 2015

The View from the Top

Song 241: Seven weeks after my last personal friend song post, this week's song is Top of the World by my NJ friend and former neighbor Joe Canzano, also known as Happy Joe. I don't have much of a history with this one -- I actually only heard it for the first time 2 or 3 weeks ago, and I would guess that it's probably a fairly recent composition, but I also would rate it as one of his best. In fact, I'm obviously not the only one who thinks so -- the song made the short list as one of Cafe Improv's Best Performances of 2014. I know I'll be listening to this version quite a bit in the near future, and I look forward to a studio rendition when he gets around to it. Right now, though, Joe is otherwise occupied, promoting his first novel, called Magno Girl, and that will probably keep him busy for a while. I wish him luck on that enterprise, but I also want to include a small plug here for his most recent CD, Big Mouth, which comes rocking out of my iPod speakers on a regular basis -- it's definitely his best recording to date, and one I never get tired of hearing. You can find out more about Joe's CD, novel, live performances and other endeavors here.

No comments:

Post a Comment