Sunday, November 20, 2022

Vibrate Your Income Source

 Song 642: This week the playlist comes around to Shake Your Moneymaker by Elmore James, who also wrote the song, and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. In researching last week's Doors trailblazer Break on Through I learned that guitarist Robby Krieger has credited Paul Butterfield's version of this EJ hit as the inspiration for the riff that he used to drive the Doors' first album opener, so this seemed like an appropriate moment to feature Mr. James' rendition of the tune which he gets recognition for as the songwriter. This marks Elmore's second appearance in this group, with Dust My Broom being Song 307. When this shaker arrived in 1961, a few years before the Beatles rocked my world, I had no knowledge of such earlier heavy movers, and during my HS stretch I still found out very little about them, but as the 1970s unfolded and I had, as a young adult, the freedom to explore musical pathways that interested me, a 1950s RnR revival hit the Chicago radio waves and I got to hear many classics that had never previously crossed my ears, some of which I highly appreciated, such as this stunning rocker. As a male, I can certainly enjoy watching a woman shake her moneymaker and roll her activator, but it doesn't surprise me when she won't do a thing I tell her to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment