Sunday, August 30, 2020

Had the Ticket

 Song 527: This week on the playlist you’ll find Train Kept A Rollin' by Aerosmith, written by Tiny Bradshaw, Howard Kay and Lois Mann, and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. Doing research for last week's track, I learned that when The Left Banke recorded their second album (the LP that followed the one which featured Song 526), Steven Tyler did backup vocals on a few cuts, so it seemed appropriate to have his band Aerosmith come next on the list. After the band got a lot of attention with their first 33 in 1972, their second one, which came along two years later, also got plenty of airplay, including this cover of a 1950s and 1960s blues and rock classic. I might have already known the Yardbirds version, but I felt the Tyler and Co. rendition deserved the awareness that it generated. With the current pandemic situation, I have no idea when I might find myself walkin' down that old fair lane again, but whenever I do, if I meet a sweet little woman, I could gladly encourage her to get along on her way.

No comments:

Post a Comment