Sunday, September 17, 2017

Celebrating the Season

Song 373: For the last post before autumn officially begins, I wanted to add A Summer Song by Chad and Jeremy, written by Chad Stuart, Clive Metcalfe and Keith Noble, onto the playlist, and you can view a YouTube video of it here. This hit actually came along in the early fall of 1964, 8 months after the Beatles had rocked my world, with Chad and Jeremy creating their own kind of magic noise as part of the British Invasion that the Fab Four had launched. My good friend Ed (the subject of my tune So Long Friend) enjoyed the music of this duo as much as I did, and he at some point acquired the Yesterday’s Gone LP that contained this cut, which meant that I got to savor its catchy melody and wistful lyrics many times during my teenage years. Soon enough, autumn leave must fall, (in my area they already started coming down, even though the fall doesn’t formally arrive until later this week), and the good things of summer will end, but when the rain beats against my window pane, this record can offer some comfort, and serve as a reminder to think of summer days again. On a side note, you can watch a YouTube lyric video of my track So Long Friend just by clicking on the title.

No comments:

Post a Comment