Sunday, April 30, 2017

Come Along for the Ride

Song 353: Seven weeks after my last post by a personal friend, and after walkin’ last week, this week the playlist takes a different track via California Rail by my friend Jeff Larson, who also wrote the song. Back around the time he wrote this one, Jeff rode that California Rail a few times on his way to meet up with the woman who he would soon marry, so she provided the main inspiration for him writing this piece, but I believe I can still take a small portion of the credit, because I had already written my own bunch of train ramblings which I shared with him on our get-togethers, plus I had spoken with him about my fondness for trains (and train songs, such as the Hank Williams record Lonesome Whistle from 2 weeks ago), so I think I might have influenced him to also take a musical journey along a railroad line. Mixed in with his trademark tasty acoustic guitar sound, Jeff stirs some lively harmonica and banjo into the locomotion, and while he cautions that the trip might include maybe sun, maybe rain, maybe hail, I would bet that you’ll enjoy the ride, and after all, it’s California, so how bad could it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment